Main areas of practice
- Corporate cross border transactions
- M&A and joint ventures
- Flotations on the Stock Exchange
- Banking and finance
- Tax planning, advising on inbound and outbound investments and complex due diligence
- Immigration, trusts and estate planning
- Data Protection
- Advising both domestic and international clients and also serves on the board of directors of a number of private and public companies across a range of sectors of the economy.
- A Licensed Insolvency Practitioner.
- Litigator and a qualified mediator acting regularly for directors, shareholders and companies in corporate disputes and administrative actions.
- Managing Director, LC LAW Stylianou & Associates LLC, 2018 –
- Managing Partner, LC LAW Stylianou & Drakou LLC, 2006 –2018
- Partner, Tassos Papadopoulos & Co, 2002 – 2005
- Associate, Tassos Papadopoulos & Co,1999 – 2002
- Associate, Christos Triantafyllides Law Office,1996-1998
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 1996
Cyprus Bar Association
Nicosia Bar Association
Cyprus India Association
Tax Planning of the Cyprus Bar Association
Greek, English, French (basic)
- Acted as the Cyprus legal counsel on behalf of the borrowers on a $950 million syndicate finance project in relation to the acquisition of coal mines in Indonesia.
- Acted as the Cyprus legal counsel on behalf of the target company on a $300 million investment agreement for expanding its investments and interests in various coal mine companies.
- Acted as the legal advisor on behalf of the guarantors on a $300 million finance project in relation to the financing of the construction of a duplicate overland conveyor belt to be developed near the Sangatta mine site and a stacker reclaimer at the Tanjung Bara Coal Terminal, construction of a conveyor and crushing plant facility at Melawan and Asam Asam, construction of a conveyor and crusher for West Mulia and construction of a port for West Mulia.
- Acted as the Cyprus legal counsel on behalf of the Cyprus target company on a €73 million sale of its shares to a Russian capital investment group.
- Acted as Cyprus legal counsel on a $30 million joint venture for the establishment of a platform for Digital Cinema Technology.
- Acting as the Cyprus legal counsel of an international group with diversified presence in the field of power, port, industrial development, real estate and hospitality particularly in the Asia Pacific.
- Acted as the legal counsel for a number of international organizations wishing to establish International Collective Investment Schemes in Cyprus and various other investment funds.
- Acted as legal counsel on a $250 million acquisition of a foreign bottling company by Coca-Cola HBC.
- Acting as legal counsel for a number of Cyprus companies wishing to be listed on the Cyprus Stock Exchange.
- Acting as legal counsel for various NGOs.
- Acting as the defendant’s legal counsel in a €2 million litigation case involving conspiracy and theft of confidential information and know-how by a former employee.
- Acting as the defendant’s legal counsel in an over US$50 million litigation case involving conspiracy to injure, unlawful interference with business, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty by a former employee.
- Acting as the respondent’s legal counsel on an overall €1.7 million claim regarding return of money to investors due to failure of the respondent to be listed on the Cyprus Stock Exchange.
- Acting as legal counsel representing corporate clients in the European Court of Human Rights against the Republic of Cyprus.
- Acted as the claimant’s legal counsel in an ICC Arbitration on a €2 million claim regarding breach of shareholders agreement and shareholders rights.
- Acted as the Cypriot mother’s legal counsel and the successful retrieval of the child forcefully abducted by her Norwegian father where a favourable decision based on the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction was secured preserving the status quo child custody arrangement that existed immediately before the abduction of the child.