An international maritime center since antiquity, Cyprus attracts foreign ship owners through the highly favorable tax provisions available for shipping companies on the island, with the Cyprus flag ranking as one of the highest quality EU flags available today. In fact, Cyprus is the largest third-party ship management centre in Europe and the largest crew management centre in the world, while the island’s international ship register is the 3rd largest in Europe and the 11th largest in the world.
The firm extensively deals with vessel registration under the Cyprus flag as well as coordinating the ship registration under all major flags/registries through its network of preferred legal partners worldwide. To ensure smooth sailing ahead, our services extend to :
- Conducting searches on ships files kept with the Department of Merchant Shipping.
- Transfer of ownerships and deletion of registration.
- Legal advice on maritime/corporate issues including the preparation of yacht and ship registration.
- Administration of shipping companies.
- Mortgage and ship finance.
- Preparation of legal opinions for yacht and ship mortgage providers.
- Development of charter agreements.
- Ship sale and purchase agreements.
Through our corporate lawyers and tax advisors, we undertake all company and tax law related matters, including the formation and maintenance of shipping companies.